Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Spreading the Love

I don't know about you, but there are some days that I just do not feel like sharing anything with anyone. Those days that seem to have started from getting out of the wrong side of bed, the munchkins are pushing the boundaries and you've got a list of things to get through. We all have one of those days or one of those weeks however that looks. 
Now in saying this, I recently felt the pinch of challenge against my attitude. You see I sometimes find I can get stuck in the self focused thinking and no room for thinking of others. Almost like I start feeling sorry for myself for the tough day I am having and want some pity sent this way. I was having a conversation with a friend and she was sharing how she had heard this message at her church and it was simple - can you love...just one more time? 
Pondering on this thought made me think about how often I get so caught up in me I can easily forget to show love to someone else just one more time regardless. It's not that what I am going through isn't important but when I started to remember to slow down and let genuine love flow to every person I was encountering all of a sudden my day got better, I felt lighter and all of those things I was feeling down or worried about didn't seem so stressful anymore. Not everyday is one of those days but taking a moment to challenge myself, can I show some love just one more time makes a huge difference to how I interact with people. Changing from making the shop teller see I'm stressed and hurry up to wanting to know how their day is going.
So this is just a little quote to ponder and hopefully inspire some love spreading in your worlds because we all know our world needs loving!

No comments: